A recent article on the Houselogic website identified seven tips for staging a home that will boost your home’s value and speed up the sale process. We thought we’d share them with you today in a condensed format.
• Clean the slate. Before you worry about where to place furniture and accessories, do a thorough cleaning and make sure all the rooms look spotless!
• Clear out clutter. Pack up your personal decorations such as photos and collectibles. However, leave accent pieces on important visual points such as mantles and coffee tables.
• Fewer furnishings. Remove one or two pieces of furniture from each room so that rooms appear larger.
• Go with the flow. Showcase the flow of rooms by arranging the furniture to guide potential buyers from one room to another.
• Add a pop of color. While neutral colors are always recommended when selling, a vibrant throw or accent pillows will brighten any room. Also, add high-wattage bulbs in darker areas of the home.
• Set a scene. Thoughtful touches will make a house feel homey. Add logs to the fireplace, set the dining room table, place fancy soaps in the bathroom, etc.
• Make a grand entrance. The first impression is the most important. Mow the lawn, trim hedges, and add a new doormat or seasonal wreath to make all visitors feel welcome!