Today we’ll continue our recent series on staging your home for sale, room by room, by stepping into the bathroom. Following are some tips for staging this well-used room, courtesy of a recent article on the real estate website “houselogic.”
Obviously, no one wants to walk into a dirty or smelly bathroom, so scrub and sanitize all surfaces — walls, floor, shower door, etc. Here are a few more tips to make your bathroom sparkle!
• Scrub tile grout and re-caulk around the tub and sink if necessary.
• If your tile is dated, you can try painting over it with a high-adhesion primer and either epoxy or latex paint. You may want to consult a professional painter for this job.
• Remove all clutter and pack up your personal belongings.
• Create a spa look and feel by adding fancy soaps, fluffy towels, decorative touches and a new bath mat.
• Fix any leaks and replace the toilet seat.
• Clean out your drains and deodorize with baking soda or vinegar.
• Consider switching out your old sink for a pedestal sink to give the appearance of more space.
Finally, bring a friend into the room for an honest second opinion. Does your bathroom pass the test?