While the internet has had a huge impact on the real estate industry, it hasn’t diminished the importance of having a Realtor at your side throughout your real estate transaction. In fact, approximately 93 percent of home sales are still conducted with the assistance of a Realtor. With that in mind, we thought we’d give you a little lesson on how to sell your home with a Realtor.
The benefit of working with a Realtor
- An experienced Realtor knows the process because he or she has been through it dozens, if not hundreds of times.
- A Realtor works on your behalf, saving you both time and energy.
- Realtors can help set a fair market price, and should possess top-notch negotiating skills to help you get the best deal.
- Your Realtor should also have a keen understanding of your market and your neighborhood.
- An experienced Realtor should have good contacts throughout the industry, from real estate attorneys to staging companies and estate liquidators.
Realtors work on a commission basis and take on a tremendous amount of responsibility working on your behalf. That being said, be sure to select a Realtor that you are truly comfortable working with. In the end, you want a professional, mutually beneficial relationship.
How do you find this individual? A good place to start is with family and friends who have bought or sold property in the past. How was their experience? Does their Realtor know your community? Has he or she successfully sold multiple properties and hold frequent open house events?
When you’ve found a Realtor with potential, ask a lot of questions.
- What type of services do you offer?
- How do you typically market a property?
- Have you sold homes in my neighborhood?
- How do you determine the sales price?
- How long are your homes typically on the market?
- What is your fee or commission?