It’s a seller’s market here in Western New York, leading more people to consider adding their home to the red-hot real estate marketplace. With that in mind, we thought it was time once again to tackle the subject of how to get your house ready to sell.
Following are some tips for homeowners looking to sell:
- Focus on price. Work with your Realtor to develop a strategy with a goal of obtaining multiple bids and getting the best possible price. Don’t overprice the property and scare away potential buyers.
- Remove personal items such as family photos, awards and other such items. You want potential buyers to imagine themselves in the home.
- Declutter the home by removing any items that may be sitting on the floor or a staircase, remove excessive furniture and hide any items that have no real purpose in the home selling process.
- Check your closets and storage areas and make sure they look clean and spacious. You want to give the impressive that there’s lots of storage space. Consider temporarily renting a storage area to safely store excessive items.
- Make minor repairs such as a fresh coat of neutral paint where needed, replace the shower curtain, make sure all the light bulbs are working, tighten loose hardware, etc.
- Clean everything! The house should look and smell fresh. If a nicely scented candle won’t do the trick, consider hiring professional cleaners.
- Improve curb appeal by cutting the grass and tending to overgrown plants and bushes. You only get one chance to make a good first impression, and a messy yard can be an immediate turnoff.
If you want more tips on how to get your house ready to sell, please contact The Olear Team today!