No one likes to waste money, but is it possible that’s exactly what you’re doing in regard to your home’s maintenance? A recent article from RIS Media discussed the most common mistakes we’re making in our homes that, if corrected, should result in significant savings. Here’s a recap of five of those tips:
• If you’re still using incandescent lightbulbs, considering switching to CFL or LED bulbs, which last far longer and use much less electricity.
• Fix leaky faucets! One drop per second can actually waste more than 3,000 gallons per year. That’s money down the drain!
• Replace your HVAC system air filter on a regular basis, and make sure you’re using the correct size.
• Purchase a programmable thermostat for your home that will automatically regulate your home’s temperature while you’re away. Heating or cooling an empty home wastes a lot of energy and money.
• Adjust air vents throughout the home to direct airflow more evenly throughout the entire house. This will help combat rooms that always seem too hot or too cold.
We’ll be back next week with a few more money-saving tips, so stay tuned!