About Michael Olear:
Michael Olear is the owner of Olear Realty Group, Inc., an S-corp housed under MJ Peterson Real Estate as the supervising broker. Michael is an alumnus of the University at Buffalo School of Management and has a master’s degree in social work.
The Olear Team provides personalized, exceptional service for all aspects of residential real estate in Western New York. The team works throughout Erie and Niagara counties with a specific concentration in the City of Buffalo, Amherst, Clarence, Orchard Park and Tonawanda.
The company size and structure allows Michael to focus the majority of his time on doing what he loves to do: helping home sellers through life’s transitions. If requested, he assists with planning and implementing all associated decisions including sale of personal property, staging and de-cluttering.
Michael provides expert consultation on what to sell as-is and what to repair or update in the home. He remains each client’s primary contact throughout the marketing and closing process.
Michael has been specializing in assisting older adults with real estate sales since the year 2000 and has facilitated hundreds of these moves. In addition to the hands-on, compassionate service they offer clients, the Olear Team has also developed a dynamic maximum value marketing system used for every house they sell.
Real Estate Experience:
- 2002-present Real Estate Broker at MJ Peterson Real Estate – all aspects of owner-occupied residential real estate.
- 1990-2002 Real Estate Broker RE/MAX Real Estate
- 1987-1990 Real Estate Sales Associate Century 21 Del Park Realty
- Buffalo/Niagara Association of Realtors – Realtor Associate of the Year- 2018
- Network in Aging -Dr. Evan Calkins Meritorious Service Award -2016
- Nominated for Buffalo Niagara Business Ethics Award – 2013
- Top agent/top team for sales volume at MJ Peterson Real Estate from 2003-2019
- Network in Aging -Jerry Flaschner Humanitarian Spirit Award – 2009
- RE/MAX Hall of Fame -2002
- Senior Real Estate Specialist Designation
- Certified Residential Real Estate Specialist Designation
- 2007 Graduate – University of Buffalo School of Management – Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership (CEL)
- 2003 Graduate – Masters Degree School of Social Work – University of Buffalo
- 1979 Graduate – BA in Philosophy – Wadhams Hall College, Ogdensburg, NY
- Board Member -Network in Aging of Western New York
- Trustee – Church of the Nativity UCC
Past Community Involvements:
- Judge – 43 North Business Plan Competition
- Campaign Leader $1.3 million fund raising campaign at Nativity UCC
- Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts volunteer from 1996 to 2008 including Committee Chair
- Buffalo Niagara Association of Realtors – Performance Standards,
- Trustee for Facilities – Church of Nativity – Tonawanda, NY
- Risk Reduction and Technology Committees
- Board Member – Alzheimer’s Association/WNY Chapter
- Board Member – Ashford Hollow Foundation/Griffis Sculpture Park
- Board Member – Young at Heart Foundation
- Leadership Buffalo – Class of 2011-2012
- Senior Deacon – Church of the Nativity UCC
- American Coaster Enthusiast
- Maintaining Aquariums
- Attending theater, dance productions, concerts and sporting events
- Cycling and Hiking